Job Seeker Handbook
9.12 Processing a Claim
- Incomplete application form results in late withdrawals payment.
- If you fulfill the necessary requirements and the application forms and supporting documents are complete, SOCSO will undertake to :
- pay temporary disablement benefit (first payment) to injured employees within a month.
- pay permanent disablement benefit (first payment) and constant attendance allowance to all injured employees within 3 months.
- pay dependant's benefit (first payment) to dependants within 3 months.
- pay invalidity pension (first payment) or invalidity grant or constant attendance allowance to employees who qualify within a period of 3 months.
- pay survivor's pension (first payment) to dependants within a period of 3 months.
- pay funeral benefits to eligible dependants of deceased persons within 15 days.
- State offices of the SOCSO are now empowered to process and settle compensation claims of less than RM20,000.
- General compensation claims can be settled within 3 days, except for the specific ones which requires longer time to be finalized.
<< 9.11 Report an Accident and Make My Claim | 9.13 Appeal >>
Table of Contents
- Regulation of Employment (HTML)
- Workmen's Compensation
- Sexual Harrassment
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Statutory Holiday (PDF)
- Salary Act (PDF)