Job Seeker Handbook
9.3 Wages Mean For The Purpose Of SOCSO Contribution
- For the purpose of SOCSO contribution, wages mean all remuneration payable in money to an employee. The following payments are considered as wages :
- overtime payment
- commissions and service charge
- payment for leave, sick, annual, rest day, public holidays, maternity and others
- allowances, shift, incentive, housing, food, cost of living and others.
- Payments made to an employee paid at an hourly rate, daily rate, weekly rate, task or piece rate are also considered as wages.
- However, the following payments are not considered as wages :
- payments by an employer to any statutory fund for employees
- mileage claims
- gratuity payments or payments for dismissal or retrenchment
- annual bonus.
<< 9.2 Compulsory Contribute To SOCSO | 9.4 The Coverage Provided To an Insured Person by SOCSO Under ESSA 1969 >>
Table of Contents
- Regulation of Employment (HTML)
- Workmen's Compensation
- Sexual Harrassment
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Statutory Holiday (PDF)
- Salary Act (PDF)