Job Seeker Handbook
9.7 The Rate of SOCSO Contribution
- The principal employer must make a monthly contribution for each eligible employee according to the rates specified under the Act.
- The employer pays 1.75% for the Employment Injury Insurance Scheme and the Invalidity Pension Scheme while the employee's share of 0.5% of wages should be paid for coverage under the Invalidity Pension Scheme.
- The rate of contribution is based on the monthly wage of the employee in accordance to 24 categories.
<< 9.6 The Coverage of Employment Injury Insurance Scheme | 9.8 The Responsibilities of an Employer >>
Table of Contents
- Regulation of Employment (HTML)
- Workmen's Compensation
- Sexual Harrassment
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Statutory Holiday (PDF)
- Salary Act (PDF)