Job Seeker Handbook
3. WORKMEN'S COMPENSATION
3.4 Foreign Worker Insured by Employer
- Under the Foreign Worker's Scheme, an employer of foreign workers is responsible to pay an insurance premium of RM86 per year per worker.
- An employer is not allowed to deduct the earnings of a worker for the payment of insurance premium. An employer found guilty of such action, shall be liable, on conviction to a fine of RM5,000 or to imprisonment for a 1 year term or to both.
- There are 11 insurance companies being selected as insurer to issue insurance policy under the Foreign Worker's Scheme.
- Employer can purchase such insurance from any of the insurance companies listed :
- Amanah General Insurance Berhad
- Arab Malaysian Assurance Berhad
- London & Pacific Insurance Company Berhad
- Mayban Assurance Berhad
- MNI Takaful Sdn. Bhd.
- Malaysia British Assurance Berhad
- Malaysian Assurance Alliance Berhad
- Malaysia National Insurance Berhad
- The Pacific Insurance Berhad
- Syarikat Takaful
- An employer found guilty of not buying an insurance for workmen's compensation, shall be liable, on conviction to fine of RM20,000 or imprisonment for a term of 2 years or to both.
<< 3.3 Individual Covered Under The Workmen's Compensation Act 1952 | 3.5 What Should Be Done If A Worker Is Involved in an Accident >>
Table of Contents
- Regulation of Employment (HTML)
- Workmen's Compensation
- Sexual Harrassment
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Statutory Holiday (PDF)
- Salary Act (PDF)