Job Seeker Handbook
1.5 Leave Entitlement of Employee
- An employee shall be permitted to annual leave leave of not less than the following :
- 2 years service - 8 days for each year of service
- more than 2 years but less than 5 years service - 12 days for each year of service
- 5 years or more service - 16 days for each year of service
- Where an employee has not completed 12 months of continuous service with the same employer, such employee's entitlement to paid annual leave shall be proportioned to the number of completed months of service.
- An employee is not permitted to annual leave due to the following :
- if absent from work without the permission of the employer and without reasonable excuse for more than 10 per centum of the working days during the 12 months of continuous service in respect of which such employee entitlement to such leave accrues.
- if dismissed after due inquiry
- An employee shall be permitted to paid sick leave of not less than the following :
- less than 2 years service - 14 days in each calendar year
- more than 2 years but less than 5 years service - 18 days in each calendar year
- 5 years or more service - 22 days in each calendar year
- hospitalization is necessary as certified by a registered medical practitioner - 60 days in each calendar year
- An employee is not permitted to paid sick leave for any period during which the employee is receiving periodical payments under Workmen's Compensation or SOCSO.
<< 1.4 Payment of Wages to Employee | 1.6 The Maternity Right of Female Employee >>
Table of Contents
- Regulation of Employment (HTML)
- Workmen's Compensation
- Sexual Harrassment
- Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Statutory Holiday (PDF)
- Salary Act (PDF)